Gwynedd councillor harassed over scheme support

Tous les tutos pour vous aidez à l’utilisation de votre forum

Messagepar geemong » Mer 9 Nov 2022 06:00

Sortie de garage

A councillor has been threatened over her support for new relationship and sex education (RSE) teaching in Wales.

เว็บ 168 Open up a thrilling legend with Lightning God, an online slot game from Slots that will take you into a fantasy world of battles and take you as a millionaire without even realizing it.

Gwynedd council's Beca Brown believes the lessons will keep children safe and said "most parents" agree.

But she has been abused online and called a "paedo lover" by opponents.

The Welsh government is introducing the RSE code as part of the new curriculum, and said it is "vital to support young people build healthy relationships".

But some question the lack of a parental opt-out and one group has won the right to a judicial review on this issue.

The response to the sex education changes made headlines in Gwynedd in August when police were called to a council meeting discussing the subject.

Ms Brown - a member of the Plaid Cymru administration - said there has been "a polarising response" to the new code.

"There's been a lot of negative public response, but privately, many people have been supportive," she told Newyddion S4C.

"We've been called - some of us [councillors]- paedophiles. I've been called a 'paedo lover'.

"I've been threatened, too. Someone said I'd put a rope around my own neck by supporting the code. Someone else said I deserved the death penalty."

She added: "The police have been here to talk to me about safety measures - what I can do to keep myself and my home safe.

"That wasn't something I'd expected when I took charge of the council's education portfolio."

The new sex and relationships curriculum introduces children to different kinds of relationships, body development, sex and sexuality, and how to feel safe in a relationship.
geemong
Sortie de garage
Sortie de garage

Prénom: gee
Département: office
Voiture: 518d
Modèle: E28
Transmission: Automatique
Année du véhicule: 2010
Ma voiture: A renseigner

Retourner vers Tutos